The Center for Healing & Hope provides urgent medical care for people:
- who are uninsured or under-insured
- without a family physician;
- with few resources to pay for care.
We are much more than a substitute for a visit to the hospital or emergency room:
- We seek to give compassionate care that will bring hope along with healing.
- Our doctors and nurses are volunteers– they are here because they care.
- Clinic staff speak Spanish and English or work with volunteer translators.
- Volunteer chaplains can talk with patients about their concerns.
- We try to find physicians who will give follow-up care.
- Navigators help people sign up for health insurance.
Urgent Care is provided for conditions such as:
- coughs and colds
- strains and sprains
- injuries that are not severe
- other complaints that are not life-threatening.
Volunteer doctors and nurses provide care for urgent medical concerns.
Our clinic staff
All clinics have a staff nurse and a patient advocate. Volunteer medical providers (doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, and medical assistants), interpreters, and support staff provide the direct care.
Clinic visit cost
We ask patients to pay a small fee for a clinic visit. Payment is expected when service is provided.
Lab tests, procedures, and medication cost extra. We offer reduced prices wherever we can.
If you can’t pay the flat fee, we have a sliding fee scale. To qualify, you need to bring proof of income. Proof of income includes any of the following that apply to you:
- Pay stubs for the last three weeks.
- If self-employed, bring a copy of last year’s tax return.
- Proof of unemployment benefits.
- Social Security eligibility letter or a copy of Social Security check.
- If you have no income for the last three months, we will accept a written statement, signed and dated, explaining your financial hardship.
- If you are paid in cash; you may bring a letter from your employer stating your income, or sign a statement verifying your income.
Financial contributions from individuals, churches, businesses, foundations and service clubs help pay the rest of the costs.
We do a simple test for diabetes on every patient who has certain symptoms or characteristics. If someone is diagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes, he or she is referred to our Chronic Care Team. This team has a medical doctor, medical assistants, a diabetes educator and a patient advocate who work with the patient to design a care plan especially for the person. Learn more about the Chronic Care Team and our Diabetes Alliance Program.
Free preventive care services for women! Uninsured, eligible women can get these services:
Age 30-39: Breast exam and cervical cancer test
Age 40 and above: Breast exam and cervical cancer test, plus diabetes and cardiovascular tests.
For more information, to learn of eligibility, and to schedule an appointment Call 574-534-4744
Referrals to doctors
Our goal is to place our patients with doctors who are accepting new patients whenever we can.
Unfortunately, there continues to be a shortage of physicians in our community. Even doctors who are accepting new patients have caps on how many uninsured patients they can accept. It is critical for the Center for Healing & Hope to continue addressing this gap by providing medical care through our team of volunteers.
Help enrolling in insurance and accessing other services
We are committed to helping individuals and families enroll in health insurance they can afford or that they qualify for. We have insurance navigators at some of our clinics or can schedule an appointment with a navigator. These trained specialists will help patients sign up through the health insurance exchanges, Medicaid, and Indiana’s HIP 2.0 program.
Our patient advocate also makes referrals to other nonprofit organizations when they encounter patients who need help with food, housing, or social services.
If you need to see a doctor and can’t wait
Go directly to an urgent care center or the emergency room of a hospital.
Connect With Us
Located at: 400 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen, IN 46526
Mailing address: CHH, P.O. Box 195, Goshen, IN 46527-0195
Phone & Office Hours
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Connect with us on Social Media